|Invacare Top End Reveal|
Rigid frame manual wheelchair.
- Optimized frame material - 7005 Aluminum
- Width By Camber Angle: 6.75" plus seat width with 0° camber
- Seat Width: 12"W-20"W
- Seat Depth: 12"D-20D
- Seat To Floor Height: Front: 15" - 20" (1/2" increments)
- Rear: 14"-19"
- Wheel and Caster Size: Wheels: 22", 24", 25", 26" Casters: 4", 5", 6"
- Wheels: Tires: Schwalbe®, Primo, Knobby, Kenda, Treaded pneumatic,Pneumatic flat free
- Arm Style: T-Arm, Swingaway
- Back Angle: 16 degree range in 4 degree increments
- Back Options: Folding, lock-down, angle-adj. back
- Product Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
- Product Weight: 19.71 lb.16" x 16" with 24" Lightweight Performance Spoke wheels, bolt-on seat upholstery, mesh back upholstery with adjustable tension and 4" urethane casters
- Warranty: Limited: 5 years on the frame
| ||End User||Caregiver||Clinician|
|Ease of use?||4.00||0||0|
|Victor from CT, USA submitted this review on October 10th 2013 at 03:15 AM. Victor is an end user who has six months to a year of experience with the product.|
|Strengths:||adjustable COG in 1" increments|
adjustable wheelbase via caster position (from the middle position, the closer holes are a half-inch apart, and the further holes are about 5/8" apart)
inexpensive compared to other chairs
wheels are very light and nice to push with - axles are polished and very easy to remove and insert
|Weaknesses:||invacare is horrible to deal with|
no inset options
no folding push handle option
push/pull locks can become loose due to all the locknuts/bolts (should take a note from quickie's push/pull design)
seat frame uses 1 1/8th inch tubing, so the lock clamps are proprietary (common sizes are 1 inch and 1.25")
seat upholstery sinks significantly, which may be expected (i weigh 140lbs)
|Comments:||my dme was horrible (ATG, now numotion), but that does not affect this review. get measured correctly!|
i ordered an extra camber tube and back frame for a project, the order took months on invacare's end. when a back frame arrived, the tubing was SIGNIFICANTLY thinner than on my stock frame and the wrong size. when my camber tube arrived, it was the wrong color - at least the size was correct.
for my rating, i am ignoring my issues with the DME and invacare as a company. this chair is solid if you are measured correctly. i never had stock back upholstery, so i can't comment on that.
|Durability?||Ease of use?|
|Meet expectations?||Overall Rating:|